Basic Video Stream Instructions:
Here is a video tutorial or you can read the instructions below. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697
- Go to https://zoom.us/
- Click on the blue SIGN UP, IT’S FREE button at the upper right of your screen.
- Enter your email address (don’t worry t6hat it says “Your work email address” – you can use whatever address you prefer).
- A box will pop up asking you to confirm your email. Click the orange Confirm button.
- Zoom will send you an account activation email. Find it in your inbox and click the blue Activate Account button.
- You’ll be taken to a Welcome to Zoom page. Fill in your First Name, Last Name, and Password where indicated, then click the orange Continue button.
- You are now signed in. Make a note of the email address and password you used to sign in to your Zoom account for future reference.
- Ignore the Don’t Zoom Alone section. At the upper right of the screen, hover your cursor over RESOURCES (above the blue sign-up button) so that the drop-down menu appears.
- Click on Download Zoom Client.
- Under Zoom Client for Meetings, click the blue Download button.
For Mac users:
- Once the Zoom.pkg file has downloaded, double-click the file in your Downloads folder and follow the directions to install Zoom.
- Upon installation, Zoom Client will automatically be added to your Applications folder.
- When installation is complete, the Zoom Client window will open showing your Personal Meeting ID phone number. You may close the window at this time, because you won’t need to use Zoom until just before class begins.
For PC users:
- Once the ZoomInstaller.exe file has downloaded, click to open the file at the bottom of your browser (or in your Downloads folder).
- The PC’s User Account Control window will open. Click Yes to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
- Upon installation, a Zoom shortcut icon will automatically appear on your computer desktop.
- When installation is complete, the Zoom Client window will appear. You may close the window at this time, because you won’t need to use Zoom until just before class begins.
For tablet and smartphone users:
- Download the ZOOM Cloud Meetings app from either the Apple App Store (iOS users) or the Google Play Store (Android users).
If you plan to watch and participate live, simply double-click the Zoom icon in your Applications folder (for Mac users) or the Zoom shortcut on your desktop (for PC users) to open the Zoom Client window (tablet and smartphone users simply need to open the Zoom app), then click the link in your email to be joined into the class.
That’s it! If you don’t want others to be able to see you, you can click the video camera icon to turn off your webcam.
Although there are several steps above to download and install the Zoom software, they are all simple and straightforward, but if you encounter an issue setting up Zoom AND you’ve searched deep within your soul to see if there’s any way to find the answer yourself, please let us know if you have questions and we’ll do our best to answer them ASAP.
Zoom may have made some changes to their installation process since these instructions were first written, but the procedure is fairly intuitive, and you should be able to follow their prompts. Thanks!